Learn How To Press Rosin or Cannabis Wax, the Safe & Healthy Way using the My Press personal rosin press on Cannabasics #73. Save $30 and free shipping with the code RUFFHOUSE on the awesome My Press Rosin Press https://myrosinpress.com
- Cannabis ( .75 G – 1.0 G per press)
- Parchment Paper
- Rosin Press
- Scraping Tool
- Pollen Press to pre-puck
- Pre-heat press: Many rosin press machines can take a while to heat up so the first step is to turn on your press, set the temperature and begin the pre-heating of the plates.
- Weigh out cannabis: Depending on the size of the press this amount could vary but for the MyPress personal rosin press quantities of ¾ – 1 gram works great.
- Fold Parchment into pouches: Creating a pouch for the cannabis helps keep squirting rosin trapped inside the paper to collect. An accordion or Zig-Zag fold will keep it from squirting through.
- Pre-puck: One way to maximize yield is to pre-puck the cannabis into dense little pellet in a pollen press. These inexpensive manual presses will help consolidate the mass of material into a small, evenly dense puck that will allow us to maximize the pressure into a small footprint for the most efficient results.
- Press in Rosin Press: One method to increase yields is to allow the press to slowly melt the cannabis pellet with slightly increasing pressure for a few seconds before squeezing the plates together with massive force. This allows the heat to radiate through the cannabis so it melts the rosin and squeezes it out easily when the pressure hits it.
- Cool the rosin: Once you have it pressed for about a minute, or to whatever time you find through trial and error to be best you can cool the rosin to make it easier to collect. You can do this in a freezer for a few minute, but this can make your paper moist if the humidity is high. You can also put a grinder in the freezer and press between the two cold plates of the grinder to cool it off quickly.
- Collect the rosin: Now you can use a smooth edge o rounded dabbing tool to lightly scrape across and gather the rosin. When scraping you may find it’s more effective to use a quick and light stroke allowing the sticky cannabis wax to grab and collect itself rather than by actually digging into into and scraping across the paper.
Check out the full Cannabasics playlist: https://www.ruffhousestudios.com/videos/cannabasics/