How To Make Sous Vide Cannabis Infused Oil or Cannabutter
Learn how to make cannabis infused oils, such as olive, coconut or grape seed, or clarified butter using the Sou Vide method. Not only is this a precise and careful method to make cannabutter but it also can be done with virtually no odor. Also a simple brownie recipe to use the infused oil is included at the end.
- Cannabis Flowers / Rosin Chips/ Shake/ Trim
- Clarified Butter or Olive, Coconut, Vegetable, Grapeseed Oil
- Grind cannabis flower and/or crumble rosin chips into sous vide bag. Remove the air with a vacuum sealer, hand pump or hand squeezing.
- Heat sous vide to high (195° F.) Submerge bag with cannabis into water chamber and clip into place to keep submerged. Decarb for 1 hour.
- Turn Sous Vide up to 211° F. When temp reaches 205° F remove bag but leave Sous Vide to continue heating. Carefully add the oil or butter to the bag and reseal. (Do not vacuum seal)
- Infuse in water bath for 2 – 4 hours on High (211° F.) Replace water as required to keep from evaporating below minimum line.
- Strain the oil from the cannabis with a fine mesh filter or cheesecloth.
- Store in freezer for months, refrigerator for weeks or use immediately in your favorite cannabis infused recipe or right out of the container.
“Smooth Lovin’” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
“Backbay Lounge” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License