How To Make Cannabis Oil Capsules (THC Gel caps)
Learn How To Make Cannabis Oil Capsules or THC Caps today on Cannabasics episode 85
THC Caps can be made from strong cannabis infused coconut or olive oil using cannabis flowers or rosin chips, or both. They can be taken orally to give you all the effects of marijuana edibles without the added calories. Now here’s what you need to make Cannabis Oil Capsules.
- Cannabis flowers and/or Rosin Chips
- Sunflower/ Soy Lecithin ( https://amzn.to/2Gn9VcS )
- Coconut/ Olive Oil
- Fillable capsules (size 0) ( https://amzn.to/2GD666R )
Small oven safe containers with measurements ( https://amzn.to/2J4OAHd )
Syringes for filling caps: https://amzn.to/2uDyilt
- DECARB: Decarboxylate Cannabis Flowers in oven preheated to 250° F for 25 minutes. This will convert the THCa (acid) in the cannabis into the more psychoactive THC. You do not need to decarboxylate the rosin chips. If using only Rosin Chips the heat from pressing the cannabis has done this already and you can proceed directly to step 2.
- INFUSE: Crumble Rosin Chips and combine with lecithin and oil in a small, narrow, oven-safe dish.Cover, place the container in a shallow pan of water and place the entire water bath in the oven still preheated to 250° F. Let it Infuse for 2 hours. You can stir it half way through.
- FILTER: After a full 2 hours, remove from oven, let cool and strain through a fine mesh filter. Squeeze out thoroughly to recover as much cannabis oil as you can.
- FILL: Use a syringe to fill each capsule, close the cap and store until use. (You can freeze for long term storage.)